Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Unconditional love

When people tell you you should always show your true emotions they mean to add:
'Except when I experience them to be negative.' Point is: people don't like it when others show negative emotions.

When you are in a really close and loving relationship you can show ALL your emotions in the presence of your partner. If you can't, there's obviously no question of unconditional love. You see: you can't put conditions on unconditional love. Like: 'I don't want you to be negative, I don't want you to play your favourite music, I don't want you to watch your favourite TV-series when I'm around, et cetera.'


So what's your take on this? Do you think it's possible to be in a loving relationship with someone who doesn't want you to fully express yourself?

Want to read (more of) my short stories? My author page: Terrence Weijnschenk at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00K4007NG

1 comment:

Karin said...

I agree in principal, but there are buts. Nothing wrong with some basic give and take, is there? And maybe it's not the 'being yourself' per se but the 'how' you express that self?