Saturday, March 12, 2005

Why do we kill people to show other people that killing people is wrong? I keep asking myself that question every single time I hear of people calling themselves Christians who say they favour this form of penalizing a human being.
With the bible in their hand they claim God himself aproves of this method of punishment. It says in the Bible (Leviticus 24:17) that "any man who willingly kills another man shoul be put to death." Or similar words. If that's the case, there god-given president should be long dead for giving the order to executions and even for giving the order to go to any extend to find Bin Laden and members of his group, including killing. But somehow I don't think pro-death penalty people think George Junior should be executed. He is above the law. Even above God's law. Right?
Wrong!

It also clearly states in the Bible "Thou shall not kill." Remember?

And since the Geneva Convention forbids prisoners to be tortured you simple ship them to countries like Jemen who haven't signed the rules for fair combat. Easy. Just ask George Junior. The guy became a Born Again Christian the moment his advisors told him it would be a good move should he want to run for governor.
Well, he pulled it off. Lucky him. Unlucky people of the world...


May God stand by them.


(By the way: above statement does not mean I'm a Christian, I just despice people who claim to be for personal gain. That's all.).


On a personal note: I've been down with the flew for about two weeks so unfortunately was too ill to go sleigh-riding with my kids. On top of that the docot claims I'm burn-out. Not amusing. I might even have to give up my job and choose to spend more time with my children. We'll see what the future holds for us.

No comments: