Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Perhaps the US-government doesn't want its boys to come home from the "conflicts" in Afghanistan, Iraq and all those other countries that don't want America's involment in their matters. 'cause if they do want their soldiers to be safe why not increase the production of armor-plates? ArmorWorks, a company in Arizona that produces body-armor and protective humvee-kits has not yet been asked (let alone ordered) to step up production.
Can someone tell the relatives of the killed and injured why that is?



Last weekend my daughter stayed overnight to make my ex feel better. Let me explain that: last tuesday I was asked to pick up my daughter from school early and take her to work. On my arrival I couldn't help noticing she wasn't there: her mother had "accidentally forgotten" to let me know she had found another solution to the problem of afterschool being closed that day. So to ease her conscience I got to spoil Eva rotten the past weekend. Although it was very hard not to go to far I managed to keep things as normal as possible: saturday we bought two new goldfish to replace the one called Rastaman. The new ones my daughter named "Suske & Wiske": "Bob & Bobette" AND "Spike and Suzy" in English; "Neelsie & Miemsie" in Afrikaans and "Willy & Wanda" in American . Sunday we went to see the motionpicture "Pluk van de Petteflet" after a book by the famous and dead writer of children's books Annie M.G. Schmidt. Highly entertaining. Especially when you're four years old...;-)

2 comments:

JaG said...

I'm not four but I still want to see that movie. I'll wait till it's out on DVD though......

Terrebel said...

You reckon it won't be shown in theatres in England?